Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Views From The Trail; Recovery & Resiliency

 

When I was first diagnosed my first thought was: Ok, well, I'll take my the meds and pretty soon because I am taking the meds, I'll be able to think more clearly, be able to work and get a better life.
Then as humiliation piled on humiliation; the worst humiliation being that even when I took the meds I was still socially unacceptable.
Then my thought grew to: "How can I get into recovery when they stole my dignity when they took my bootlaces?"
I didn't know what recovery was or what it was supposed to look like. How I was supposed to find out about Recovery when everyone I could find who was in recovery kept saying things like, "Recovery is an individual process for everyone, or that recovery was a process and not a destination"……

Views From The Trail; Recovery & Resiliency

No comments: