Sunday, November 23, 2008

If we have to go back to nursing homes we will lose the will to live. Living on my own I have the responsibility to take care of myself. I'm free from dictators. I can go anywhere I want to go. I can go to bed when I want to.

from Pennsylvania Mental Health Issues:

I never cease to be amazed at how many people will come up with fear
based reasons for not allowing a mental health related building to be
in their neighborhood.  I’ve seen first hand what these people can be
like, and as a mental health consumer, it is both frustrating and
degrading to hear that I’m not wanted in someone’s neighborhood because
I happen to have a mental illness.   I commend those who are willing to
stand up and say that they have had no problems with other similar
facilities, I only wish there were more like you out there. At any rate
I found this in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette it was printed on November
20, 2008 it can be found in it’s original format at the following
address …. http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08325/929149-55.stm

No comments: