….In their book, Davidson and colleagues describe nine components of being in recovery from mental illness. I outlined the first three components in my last blog:
- Renewing hope and commitment to one’s life
- Being supported by others
- Finding one’s niche in the community.
I now describe the next three components keeping close to Davidson’s description, but referring explicitly to addiction and serious substance use problems when necessary:
4. Redefining self or changing one’s identity……
5. Incorporating illness…..
6. Managing symptoms……Technorati Tags: recovery